Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Easter Island Head Cement Sculpture

Okay, I have finally finished My Easter Island Head Cement Sculpture. I am posting all the phases of the project:


Heavy Wire Armature stuffed with newspapers. Overlayed with hardware cloth.





This is the scratch coat before the finish of Concrete

Here he is in the first stages.  I used cement morter type s for this sculpture, The cement was laid over a handmade armature of wire with a layer of hardware cloth that was stuffed with wet newspaper.




 These are photos of him after the final coat of cement smoothed and sculpted.







These are shots of the completed piece. The cement was cured for about a week, then coated with black matte paint, and then coated with a stone texture.









1 comment:

  1. Nice can’t wait to follow your example

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *