Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Finished with the "Five Little Monkeys" Crib Quilt

embroidered squares, fills, and border words.  These embroideries take forever to create, they are so detailed right down to the little stray hairs on the monkeys.
Stitched together with Border Words
Finished Quilt With Striped Binding, There is so much stitching on this quilt, I added a serpentine stitch to the little blue border and it really added a special element to that part of the quilt. 
Back of the Quilt. I LOVE this fabric, it is so fun and colorful!
Back of Quilt with Front Folded Back

This Quilt is soooo Cute, but, I won't be offering it very often and when I do, I will have to increase the price of the finished product.  I forgot how detailed and complicated this little quilt is and the time involved in creating it.  I didn't realize how much was in this quilt until I had a prospective client ask for individual blocks and when I figured out the cost, and I mean just the embroidery cost of each square, it came out to be right at 400.00. and that is at the least expensive rate of 1.00 per 1000 stitches.  That doesn't even include the cost of the fabric, time, etc.   the largest block came out to over 50.00 and the least block was 2.50.  but, added up, it comes out to a lot.  Of course, if you are really into a unique little quilt that will become an heirloom, you may be willing to pay a little more, I don't know.  Anyway, that is the story on this little quilt.  This particular quilt is headed off to Canada Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *