Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Project - Cute Hand Dyed Ombre' Cropped & Soon To be Embroidered Vest

Step One - Dying the Vest

Okay,  you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE big bold bright colors, and this project is no different.  I plan to do some awesome embroidery designs and some layering of fabrics, etc.  I'll Keep you posted.  Until then,
here is the First Step.  Fuschia Dye on the Top and the Bottom of the little cropped vest, leaving it white in the middle.








Sewing the embroideries




These were done in a quilt layering style, quilt batting sandwiched between two white cotton pieces, then cut out into individual pieces, and then sewn onto the vest.





 Then I embroidered directly onto the jacket with these awesome designs from "Urban Threads".





This little vest is loaded with  over 100.00 worth of high quality embroideries from "Urban Threads" based upon 1.00 per 1000 stitches,
and lastly for a nice finishing touch, I lined the vest with a colorful print to cover the underside of the embroideries.


Aaaaand . . . here we have Clarissa, my son's girlfriend wearing the vest!! Soooo Cute!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *