Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Steampunk Mickey

Okay, first of all, any of you who follow my posts, know that I am all over the place.  So, this time, I decided to make an art doll from oven baked clay.  I am so lucky to have just about anything in my studio to pull from when I decide to go off the norm and do something I don't normally do.  But, My grand daughters had sent  me a card with a tall skinny Minnie Mouse on the front, and that was my idea to create a cute little Minnie Mouse.  Well, Minnie Evolved into Mickey, and since I am such a steampunk fan, Mickey evolved into Steampunk Mickey.


 During this process, I have a few steampunk books, and I had always wanted to try this little elephant. Yeah!! Blame it on my ADD!!


 The Book is "SteamPunkery" by Christi Friesen. I got mine on Amazon.com

 Well, He of course had to be a little metallicky, so I went with Gold and silver paint and some pearlescent powder.
 OMG! I realized that he just had to have a top hat with gears and wings, so that was next.
 Only one problem, he NEKKID!! and this bottle isn't doing enough!d

So, I went through my leather scraps box and out came this perfect tattered piece of very soft black leather.
 I think he's looking pretty Spiffy!!

This project was a lot of fun, and it was the first Clay Sculpted Doll I have ever made, I have been making rag dolls, monster dolls, and as you can see in the background even some fabric sculpted dolls, and I have to say, this was so much fun.  Who know it would be a steampunk Mickey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *