Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

DIY Sideboard for around $75.00

This project took me about 3 days to make and left enough wood to make some shelves for my entryway.  That's my next project using plumbing pipe.




Well, as usual, no plan, It just becomes!!

I needed a place to store my oils, but, also wanted it to look rustic!! I love rustic!!
Success!!

I can't believe that I got this door/shelf to fit perfectly in the opening!!  This was a last minute door idea.  Love it!!



Chains to hold up the Door and to use as support for a shelf when it is open. Bought a Kreg Jig for pocket holes forever ago, finally got to use it, so no visible screws on the exterior and super strong joinery.

Hardware was purchased from Hobby Lobby at 50% off.  Total Price:  $12.00


Made with 6-2x4's, 1-2x6, 2-2x10's, and 4-1x4's 
total lumber cost was around $50




Got these little roller wheels at Harbor Freight for $1.99 each!! 



Floor of the interior was made from some old cedar pickets I have had stored in the shed.



My little helper, Jacob

Sanding the Side Boards




Used MinWax Polyshades, Ebony. Cost was about $11.00. It was a little too glossy, so I put a final layer of wipe on satin MinWax Poly.  Already had the wipe on poly.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *