Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's Finished


I finished Robert's Dad's Steam Locomotive quilt.  I hope he likes it.  I was going to try and embroider the trains, but couldn't find any designs I liked and I am not a digitizer, so I found a bunch of train images and I printed them on printable fabric and cut them into the squares.

   After I cut them into squares, I stitched them onto black and white print squares and it framed them out nicely.  I had to wait for my cad drawing train fabric to come in, and when it did, I loved it and decided to make the other squares from that instead of  using it for the back.

I got it all pieced together and then found a tiny paisley print and some black sateen and made the back.  I created a label and handstitched it onto the back. (I hate hand stitching)  Anyway, here is the finished product.  Let me know how you like it.   It is not a full sized quilt, it is more of a throw or a lap quilt.

  Gene asked me to make him a quilt that was similar to a quilt I made for Robert's Mom, which was a black and white Kitty quilt.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *