Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Okay, I started my Fairy Wings

Okay, I had some wire laying around, you know, we can't throw anything away, cuz we may need it someday, well, this is a perfect example.  Anyway, I cut four pieces and did just like the video said, but, of course, I had to make mine a lot bigger, so, tights aren't gonna cut it.  I will have to find some fabric to stretch across the wings.  Only thing is I am not sure how to attach it to the wire armature.  I'm gonna research it and see if I can't find any ideas out there.  If any of you know how I might get it done, let me know.  I'll post more photos as I progress.

Okay, It's 3 A.M. and I have my Fairy Wings.  I had a genius thought, well genius for me.  I sprayed my armature with spray adhesive, laid it down on the fabric and it stuck, (AWESOME!! worked great) then I trimmed the fabric and left a 1/4 inch allowance.Okay, Okay, I used a glue gun (cuz I don't like to hand sew If I can help it.)  Anyway, I folded and twisted the fabric around the wire and it left a pretty nice finish.  Then I tied the cording around the wings like the video said and wrapped some fabric around the middle.  Tomorrow, (uhm, I mean later today) I'll add the harness and maybe I'll fancy it up with some hotfix rhinestones.  Anyway, I think they look okay for my first set of wings.  I did have a bad mistake, though, I put the fabric on one of the upper wings and I put it on backwards, TWICE!!  UUUgggghhhh! I was so frustrated!!!


Well, I didn't like the way the finished edge looked on the underside of the wing, so I found some yarn and trimmed it out and I like it.  I also added the ties for attaching it to your body.  Still have to bling it up
thought.  Keep you posted.



I think I'm done for now.  I may add some ribbon, but the rhinestones really look great, the pic doesn't do them justice.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *