Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

OMG! How'd That Happen?


Okay, this is my first attempt at blogging, but, I am sure that I am not the only person who does crafting and sewing that has not had projects or processes go terribly wrong. This is for those of us who can laugh at our mistakes and let everyone else know that, yes, it has happened before, or maybe not, but anyway, post your craftastrophe here and let everybody know that crafting can be crazy.

Here is my most recent craftastrophe and wow was it a doozy. I was embroidering a beautiful new quilt and my embroidery started getting really weird, and since I never thought about the handwheel being involved, until, I accidentally discovered that my thread had wound around it, it was a HUGE rat's nest. This photo is taken after I got over my fear of breaking my handwheel and searching the net for instructions on how to remove it, so this is not as bad as it was before removing the wheel. I spent hours cutting and pulling thread out of it before I removed the wheel. I pulled so much thread out that I thought surely I had gotten it all, but, boy was I wrong. When I removed the wheel, I couldn't believe how much was still wrapped around the thing. Anyway, I finally got it all out. Whew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *